The NSW Government’s small business fees and charges rebate aims to assist small business recover from the impacts of COVID-19 and encourages growth by reducing the cost of running a business. If you are an eligible sole trader, small business or not-for-profit you may be able to apply and claim up to a value of $1,500. The rebate is available from 1 March 2021 until 30 June 2022. Multiple applications can also be made until the $1500 is reached.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible small businesses must:
- have total wages less than $1.2 million
- have an ABN registered in NSW with a premises physically located in NSW
- be registered for GST
- provide a declaration that the business has a turnover of at least $75,000 per year (such as a letter from your accountant)
What is Covered?
The $1,500 rebate can be used to offset costs of eligible NSW and local government fees and charges that are paid from 1 March 2021 such as:
- licences (food authority, liquor, tradesperson)
- council rates
- business vehicle registration fees
How to Apply?
Apply for the rebate online via the Service NSW website or by clicking here https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/small-business-fees-and-charges-rebate
TSP Accountants can assist in taking advantage of this rebate by providing your business a letter stating your eligibility. Give us a call on 49 264155 or email us at email@example.com if you feel your business might be able to claim.