With the start of the new tax year upon us, please do not forget about your final tax obligations for 2023. Here is a list of key tax dates for July and August 2023.
For most of you, this means finalising your general ledger accounts in order to get the necessary information to us to prepare your final 2023 accounts and tax returns.
However, it can be a time where we forget that our businesses have final obligations due in relation to the end of the financial year.
In order for you to be across your tax obligations, below are the key compliance dates coming up. Make sure these lodgments are up to date to avoid any interest and penalties.
If you have questions or need help with any of the following, we are here to help.
KEY TAX DATES – JULY/AUGUST 2023
- 14 July 2023 | Payment Summaries – Provide payment summaries to employees if you do not use Single Touch Payroll
- 21 July 2023 | GST – Monthly Activity Statement and payment for June
- 21 July 2023 | PAYG withheld – Monthly Activity Statement and payment for June
- 21 July 2023 | PAYG instalment – Activity Statement and payment for monthly reporters for June
- 28 July 2023 | GST – Quarterly Activity Statement and payment for the April to June 2023 quarter if you do not lodge with us
- 28 July 2023 | PAYG withheld, FBT instalment and PAYG instalment – Quarterly Activity Statement and payment for the April to June 2023 quarter if you do not lodge with us
- 28 July 2023 | Superannuation guarantee – Lodgment and payment of superannuation guarantee statement
- 14 August 2023 | PAYG withholding – Due date for lodgment of annual PAYG withholding report for employees
- 21 August 2023 | GST – Monthly Activity Statement and payment for July
- 21 August 2023 | PAYG withheld and PAYG instalment – Monthly Activity Statement and payment for July
- 25 August 2023 | BAS – Quarterly Activity Statement lodgment and payment due date for the April to June 2023 period if you are lodging with us
- 28 August 2023 | Taxable payments annual report – 2022–23 lodgment of taxable payments annual report if you are in the building and construction, courier, cleaning, road freight, information technology and security, investigation or surveillance industries and you pay contractors to complete work for you.
Do you have questions about these dates? Are you experiencing any difficulty in getting these items lodged? TSP can assist you in any or all of the above lodgements. Just give us a call on 49 264155 or email email@example.com to engage the TSP team to assist.